Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"Basket Case Quilters"

I think the name "Basket Case Quilters" is a rather humourous name for a yahoo group I'm with!!
It's a free basket BOM, which has officially started this month, however, some of us were "biting at the bit" to make basket blocks sooner, so links to some free blocks on the internet helped "wet the appetite."
These are the blocks I've done so far. I'm using different basket weave fabrics for each basket, and using different background fabrics, as if they were "wallpaper prints".
I've used foundation piecing, hand piecing, machine piecing, applique and broderie perse so far.


















5 comments:

  1. I just love all your different basket blocks, Susan. They are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done us proud Susan! :) Your blocks are WONDERFUL!!! Lovely write up too :-D
    hugs Elly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful basket blocks Susan. Wish I had the time to join in on the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The basket blocks are just so pretty. You have done such a wonderful job on them!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous baskets! I finished a quilt this week and boy did that make my heart sing! You can see it on my blog. I am pulling out two UFOs now to work on with hopes of a finish by the end of 2009. I can imagine you are ready to go when you started this. If these are any indication, you will have a beautiful quilt at the end. I have been showing some of my older quilts on my home and garden blog TheCranberryChronicle so maybe you can stop in to visit if you get a chance.

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete