Friday, February 8, 2013

To ride - camels or elephants

Just over a year ago, January 2012, we were travelling and enjoying places like Malta, Cyprus, Egypt, Petra in Jordan and Israel, plus other coutnries mentioned in an earlier post.


I got to experience camel rides in Cyprus, Sinia Peninsula along side the Red Sea and Cairo, at the Great Pyramids.



I got to experience an elephant ride at Mysore Palace in India in July 2012.  (Sorry about the quality of the photo, it was taken on a friends mobile phone, as cameras were not allowed in at Mysore Palace).  It's me in the pink, an Vinolia Lincoln next to me, the pastor's wife that Justine and I stayed with while Jim was away preaching in different places. 

My impressions?  I'd have a camel ride any day, a more elegant gait then the elephant, and to think elephant rides were the ride of the "kings" - sultanas in India's history.

I count it a privilege to do the travelling I have done with my wonderful husband, and to see the amazing places and people, God in His master plan, created.


1 comment:

  1. You sure have been travelling far and wide, Susan. No wonder we didn't see any posts from you for so long. Glad you had a good time, but it probably feels great to be home again.
    Hugs from California; -)

    ReplyDelete