Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Raggedy and Friends mini quilt

A couple of years ago I really liked Kaaren’s Raggedy and Friends quilt she had as a free BOM. Visit her blog and look down the right hand side to see the patterns are still available.


I stitched the embroideries and about that time we had a small group swap in our local patchwork group. I put my stitcheries into the bag and asked if they would add pieced blocks and fabric around the stitcheries. When we swapped the bag each month we met at a local café and usually my daughter was with me. As a result she got to know the ladies and therefore the story of the quilt of how it was added and sewn too. She really liked the quilt, so I decided I would give it to her.

However, as is often the case with a UFO, it sat in the cupboard until December last year when I got it out to sandwich it and quilt, yes that’s all that needed doing!!! I gave it to her for her birthday which is two days after Christmas. It is now proudly hanging on her wall.

Raggedy Ann means something to my daughther.  When we went to pick her up in the Philippines the gifts we took her not only included a soft toy kangaroo, but pencils, paper and a Raggedy Ann colouring-in book and other itens. She remembers that very distinctly that colouring-in book and the pictures in the book.

It is interesting to read up the story behind Ann and Andy.
 

1 comment: