Monday, June 3, 2013

Gifts to Mwanza

I mentioned and showed previously the fabric bought in Mwanza and the table runners I made. One of the table runners I had made as a gift for Tammy, the American Missionary couple we stayed with. I also made gifts for some other ladies there, that have a place in my heart, along with Tammy.

I made these needlecases, embroidering their initial on the front.

Also a Japanese knot bag each. I used the pattern from Mirkwood Designs where you can make it with or without a base. I used the one without the base. Also in the past have used this pattern from littlegemsession.

Another gift for Tammy was this County Carry Bag in the Australian HOMEMADE 2005 Vol 22 No 2 magazine. Which I posted about on March 1st.












These are the photos I received from Tammy after they were happily received. I was glad they arrived safely as it took nearly a month to get to Tanzania from Australia.


Tammy's photo with the table runner on her table and the country carry bag hanging on a bag hook off the table.



No comments:

Post a Comment