Tuesday, January 25, 2011

First 2011 project

I have completed my first project for 2011. A x-stitch bookmark I received as a Christmas gift. It was "very me"!!! I love roses and pink with cream and green!!




Also end of last year I completed Kaaren's Huswif Needlecase, that she had as one of her First Friday Freebie patterns. The following is the stitchery completed,






Now sewn together with outer fabric, binding and button.





















Inside the Huswif Needlecase. I altered Kaaren's last image changing it to a pineapple (from another of Kaaren's FFF's) and my own words "Heart given to hospitality." My home has been that in the last week and a half, with 14 guests either to a meal or staying with us.



Finally a picture of the lastest chickens my daughter is loving to death!!! This is a picture she took on the back verandah, where she plays with them for hours.




3 comments:

  1. Your bookmark is very sweet. I haven't done counted cross stitch in years, and seeing your finished project is very tempting! The needlecase came out great! I thank you for the reminder! I remember when she offered it and downloaded it for 'later'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan... I have had made three of the sewing cases for gifts for Christmas.... My pattern did not have the pineapple on it... Did you change the pattern a little... If you go to my blog you will see my needle cases.... http:quiltinginmequon.blogspot.com ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sewing case and bookmark are both lovely. I can see why your daughter loves playing with the chicks, they are adorable. 8)

    Happy quilting,
    Susan in Texas

    ReplyDelete